Not really a hot news, but here goes. The Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM has just launched a limited edition KTM 690 Duke. So what’s the significant with this one?
It is a track only version where it was based on the bikes competing inthe 2012 KTM-sponsored European Junior Cup (EJC). KTM stated that it will only produce 200 of it’s kind and will be priced under 10,000. What? no, not RM10,000 but it is in pound sterling of UK. If the bike is to enter the Malaysian market. It could easily double the price of it’s European counterparts.
Referring to the “Motorcycle News” the bike will have a power increase to it’s specification. On what is already the most powerful production single cylinder motor in the current market the power boost is achieved from a full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, modifications to the airbox and a PowerParts camshaft with a bespoke fuel map.
KTM 690 Duke ‘Track’ specification
- KTM PowerParts: airbox, camshaft, crash bars, seat
- WP fully adjustable race suspension front and rear
- Marchesini lightweight wheels
- Brembo competition brake system and discs
- Akrapovic titanium/carbon full exhaust system
- APTC slipper clutch
- International racing standard oil drip tray and rigid foot pegs
- Lower handlebar and handlebar clamps
- Mono seat cover
- Dry weight: 140kg (-10kg than standard)
- Power: 79bhp (+9bhp than standard)
No official announcement has yet to be made by KTM Malaysia if this beast will ever be on our shore any time soon but us Malaysian Riders sure hope that it will. Stay tune with us for more updates and news.